There are no additional eligibility requirements to be met for vision coverage if you qualify to enroll in a LACERS medical plan. Your vision benefits are determined by the medical plan in which you enroll.
You may enroll eligible dependent(s) in a LACERS health plan. However, dependents do not receive a separate medical plan premium subsidy.
An eligible dependent may be a:
- Domestic Partner (your partnership must be registered with LACERS or your state)
- Dependent child who is under age 26, except in circumstances
where the adult child is eligible to enroll in an
employee-sponsored plan or unable to engage in gainful employment
because of a mental or physical disability (disability must have
occurred before age 26). A “dependent child” includes:
- A child born to you
- A child legally adopted by you
- A step-child living with you in a parent-child relationship
- A child of whom you have legal custody or guardianship and provide principal financial support
- Your spouse or domestic partner’s child
- Grandchild under age 26, if you or your spouse/domestic partner are the legal guardian(s) or have legal custody of the grandchild; or if the grandchild is the child of a dependent child as defined above