LACERS Medical Premium Reimbursement Program (MPRP) is intended for use by those who live outside of the coverage areas for the LACERS sponsored medical plans.
Under this program, LACERS may reimburse you up to the amount of the monthly medical subsidy for which you qualify for medical premiums you pay to a federally-qualified HMO or State-regulated non-LACERS medical plan. You may also be reimbursed for vision insurance and Medicare Part D premiums if they are not part of your non-LACERS medical plan.
LACERS MPRP is available to you if you meet all of the following four criteria:
- Reside more than three months out of the year (based on your home address on file with LACERS):
- Outside of California, and within the United States and its territories; or
- Within California, but outside the authorized zip code service areas of a LACERS HMO or Medicare Advantage HMO Plan.
- Have at least 10 years of Service
- Are at least age 55 or older
- Are not enrolled in a LACERS medical plan
The table below outlines the maximum MPRP Reimbursement allowable:
|MPRP Maximum Reimbursement|
|Medicare Status||Member Subsidy||Survivor Subsidy|
|Under 65 or Part B only||$1,790.80||$853.39|
|Medicare Parts A & B||$550.57||$550.57|
|Medicare Parts A & B and Covering Dependent||$1,115.86||N/A|
Any member who receives a rebate due to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act for any portion of his/her medical plan premium that the member has been reimbursed by LACERS under the MPRP is required to report the rebate to LACERS and provide documentation as to the amount that was reimbursed.