Submit Your Required Documents

Submit Your Required Documents

 It’s never too early to begin gathering and submitting your required retirement documents. The following table outlines the documents you will be asked to submit to LACERS in order to retire:

State/Federal photo I.D. X X
Birth Certificate X X
Marriage License /Domestic Partner Certificate X  
Dissolution of Marriage/Domestic Partner X  
Medicare Care (65 and older) X X

If any of your required documents are issued in a foreign country, the documents must be translated into English by a certified translation service from one of the following agencies:

  • US Federal Government Office
  • US Federal Court Certified Interpreters
  • Judicial Council
  • State Certified Translators
  • Certification from the originating consulate office
  • American Translators Association (ATA)
  • One of the City Clerk’s State-Certified interpreters or translators:
    • Continental Interpreting Services, (800) 201-7121
    • Languages 4 You, (818) 550-9299

Failure to provide the required documents may delay your retirement process.

Log in