LACERS’ online Retirement Application Portal (RAP) is the secure and convenient portal where eligible Members (those applying for a Tier 1 Normal Service Retirement or a Tier 1 Early Service Retirement) submit their retirement application.
While Tier 3 Members, Tier 1 Deferred Vested Retirement Members, and Tier 1 Enhanced Retirement Members cannot use the portal at this time, we are looking to offer this service in the future. For now, you can access the necessary retirement forms here.
Prior to Accessing the RAP You Should:
- 90 days prior to your anticipated retirement date call LACERS at (800) 779-8328 to notify us of your intent to retire, request an official retirement benefit estimate and to register for Retirement Counseling and Health Counseling sessions. Your retirement estimate will provide your estimated retirement allowance and other information that you will need in order to complete your application in the portal.
- Watch the Planning for Retirement Tier 1 Videos Part 1 and Part 2 to understand your eligibility and benefits.
- View the Health Benefits video and/or Medicare video (if you are 64.75 or older).
- Gather your required documents, scan them and save them to your computer for easy uploading. The required documents list can be found here.
- Use this Decision Sheet to assist you in writing down your selections to the following main questions:
- Retirement Date
- Option Selections
- Refund of Survivor Benefits (Single members only)
- Continuance Percentage
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Larger Annuity
- Beneficiary Designations
- Required Documents
- Review Retirement Application Portal (RAP) FAQs, click here.
- Register for upcoming Health and Retirement Counseling Webinars (more information below).
Upcoming Counseling Webinar Dates
Please be sure to contact LACERS at (800) 779-8328 so that staff can register you for Health and Retirement Counseling Webinars. A recorded version of a RAP Demo is available by clicking here. Upcoming webinars are as follows:
Retirement Counseling: June 7, 2023
Health Counseling: June 8, 2023
Retirement Counseling: July 5, 2023
Health Counseling: July 6, 2023
Retirement Counseling: August 2, 2023
Health Counseling: August 3, 2023
Retirement Counseling: September 6, 2023
Health Counseling: September 7, 2023
Retirement Counseling: October 4, 2023
Health Counseling: October 5, 2023
Retirement Counseling: November 1, 2023
Health Counseling: November 2, 2023
Retirement Counseling: December 6, 2023
Health Counseling: December 7, 2023
Ready to Retire Online?
Click here to access the RAP. (Note: The latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari are supported.)